Architecture & Architectural Engineering
- Experience hands-on projects demonstrating architecture design principles and practices.
- Learn about general architecture, phases of building design, sustainable design, and engineering systems in building design.
- Discover what education and training is needed to be successful in the architecture field.
Architecture, Engineering & Land Survey
- Complete hands-on activities related to architecture, a variety of engineering areas, field services, and land surveying
- Explore challenges related to infrastructure
- See how architecture and engineering projects help keep people safe and healthy
Next program begins Spring 2023
- Inspect a semi-truck up close – inside and out
- Remove engine components and learn the functionality and operation
- Compete in a “Top Gun” competition
- Build your own light or horn circuit
Engineering & Technology
- Get introduced to a wide array of engineering disciplines and some of the engineers that work in those disciplines.
- Participate in hands-on activities
- Discover what steps you can take to be on the engineering career path
There is much interest in this program and spots are limited to 24 students. To apply, please write 2-3 sentences describing your interest in the program and what you hope to get out of it. Mail this along with your registration form (signed by a parent) to the address below. Your application MUST be postmarked by October 14th, 2022, to be considered.
Northeast Iowa Council – Exploring
PO Box 732
Dubuque, IA 52004
Once the candidates have been selected, they will be notified by October 26th, 2022.
- Experience law enforcement by participating in activities like crime scene investigation, fingerprinting, and traffic stops.
- Ride along with a law enforcement officer
- Discover what types of careers exist in law enforcement
18-20 Year Old Participants
Exploring participants in the 18-20 age range, must fill out an adult application (found at www.exploring.org/), submit to a criminal background check, and successfully complete Youth Protection Training (found at my.scouting.org).
Contact Melissa at 563.556.4343 email@example.com.