Architecture & Architectural Engineering
- Experience hands-on projects demonstrating architecture design principles and practices.
- Learn about general architecture, phases of building design, sustainable design, and engineering systems in building design.
- Discover what education and training is needed to be successful in the architecture field.
- Next program begins Spring 2023
Architecture, Engineering & Land Survey
- Design the floorplan and exterior of your own building
- Test retaining walls
- Virtually test bridge designs
- Design a water tower
- Imagine your ideal street layout
- Tour a site through VR
- Learn to use surveying equipment
Conservation & Wildlife Management
- Complete hands-on activities related to science, wildlife, and outdoor education & conservation –
- Meet with professionals in careers such as park rangers, naturalists and biologists
- Previous activities included: water tests, kayaking, habitat field work, and bird banding
- Inspect a semi-truck up close – inside and out
- Remove engine components and learn the functionality and operation
- Compete in a “Top Gun” competition
- Build your own light or horn circuit
Engineering & Technology
- Experience law enforcement by participating in activities like crime scene investigation, fingerprinting, and traffic stops.
- Ride along with a law enforcement officer
- Discover what types of careers exist in law enforcement
18-20 Year Old Participants
Exploring participants in the 18-20 age range, must fill out an adult application (found at www.exploring.org/), submit to a criminal background check, and successfully complete Youth Protection Training (found at my.scouting.org).
Contact Melissa at 563.556.4343 firstname.lastname@example.org.